If you have not slept on products with Visco polyurethane foam before, the Visco Premium mattress or couch may feel unusually new at first, because it reacts to your body temperature and very accurately follows the shape of your body. Users usually get used to the new more ergonomic mattress very quickly and soon enjoy its distinct, soft and restful feeling.
Visco Premium products may seem to become softer after a short use. This is normal for Visco-type polyurethane foams, because pressure and heat affect and speed up the movement of air inside the structure of the material. After a short use, the ventilation capability of Visco Premium products improves and starts to react to body heat and pressure.
The material used in Visco Premium products is temperature sensitive. At a temperature below 17 °C, the mattress feels stiffer. When bringing products to a normal room temperature from the outside in a cold weather, it may take hours for the regular softness to return.
When taking a new Visco Premium product out of the package, you may feel a slight odour characteristic of a technological manufacturing process. This is normal and safe and will dissipate quickly.
Correct maintenance, care and use are beneficial for every object – Visco Premium beds and mattresses are no exception.
The following instructions help you enjoy your new mattress as long as possible:
- Ensure that the mattress and bed are installed correctly. If necessary, use the assistance of the staff at the store.
- Regularly turn the cover mattress, ideally every time you change your bed linen. This helps to prevent one area, usually the middle part, from wearing and deforming.
- If possible, it is recommended to air the couch, mattress and cover mattress outdoors in dry wear, protected from direct sunlight at least twice a year. This thoroughly ventilates the inside material and helps to somewhat restore padding material.
- In case of a frame mattress (couch) and bed frame, check regularly that the legs, frame, etc. are firmly in place.
- Regularly clean the bed with a vacuum cleaner (make sure to use a soft nozzle). It is best to do it when you turn over the cover mattress. DO NOT USE A RUG BEATER!
- In case of a frame mattress, remove stains with a cleaning agent, using minimal water. Avoid letting liquids come into contact with the inside material.
- The protective cover of the mattress and cover mattress that is fully covered with Visco Premium stretch fabric can be washed with a delicate wash cycle at a temperature of up to 60 °C.
- The protective cover of the mattress and cover mattress with various furniture fabrics on the sides for decoration can only be cleaned at a drycleaner’s.
Visco Premium mattresses should only be used on frames that let air through, i.e. on bed frames with slats. This prevents moisture from accumulating inside the mattress.